The Northern Tour was so beautiful and such a nice break from the city. We were on the coach for a long time, but it was beautiful scenery the whole time. Our first stop was at Chatsworth house. It is Mr. Darcy’s house in the new Pride and Prejudice movie. It was so beautiful… I think I could have spent days there. The gardens were wonderful. There was a lot of modern art around in the gardens because there was an art show opening. It was first a little strange to see modern art in this classical grandeur but then I got thinking that as a home that they are still keeping and living in each generation it only makes sense that the new patrons are adding new contemporary art to it as well. Inside the house was a portrait of some daughter in law and she was on a digitized frame that had her features minimal in black and filled in with colors that kept changing. It was very different from the classical portraits all around. But as a live museum of sorts- it seems to fit. I got to play the piano in one of the rooms there. It was the most beautiful piano I have ever played. It was a lot of fun. I felt pretty special. We then went to Osmotherly to spend the night at a youth hostel. On the drive there Pride and Prejudice was put on. I didn't look at the screen much- but the movie was the best soundtrack to what I was seeing outside that one could have.
This was made our of rubber tires.
They even make the loo pretty :)
No comments:
Post a Comment