Friday, November 25, 2011

Oxford and Stratford November 21-20th

Where JR Tolkin and CS Lewis and the Inklings read.  Cool little pub.

Just a cool building we walked by.

Christ's Church College.  One of the 39 or 48 colleges in Oxford.  We listened to Evensong here and saw the staircase and great hall that is in HP.  They still serve 4 meals a day in the hall.  One cool thing was that Carol who wrote Alice in Wonderland went here and he took his characters from people there.  The rabbit was the dean and he was always late for things especially dinner.  One time it was said that the students waited 2 hours for him- then he popped through the door up where the teachers eat (rabbit hole) and said, "Oh, I'm late, I'm late I'm late..." :) 

Anne Hathaway's home.  The wife of Shakespeare.

This was the gardens at Nash's house.  A house Shakespeare bought when he was rich.  The house is gone now.

The room in our Bed and Breakfast.  Such a cute little place.  So much better than the Hostiles.  Hillary and I were wishing it was a permanent room for our stay here.  One roommate is bliss :)

No comments: