On Tuesday Sarah, Natalie and I went to the two major auction houses here in London. They were selling Indian art and artifacts this week, and because I am really interested in Indian miniatures I wanted to stop in and see them before they were auctioned off- and of course where they do this all at. I snapped a picture of Sothebys because I just wasn't expecting it to look like this. Nice cars out front, huh? We felt a little out of place, with the bouncer at the door and all, and the starting bid already 1,000s upon 1,000 of pounds out of our reach :) It was interesting to see art and artifacts that we often feel are "untouchable" (because they are in museums ect.) sitting there, ready to be sold and displayed in someone's home.
At Christie's, the other auction house, a lady saw me looking at this beautiful statue and told me it was going to be for sale in NY in December. I told her thanks. I guess she couldn't decided if I was for real or not. Who knows, I just might be a young bride to some rich man :)
No comments:
Post a Comment